Monday, November 2, 2009

What I've Bought Lately: Video Card

Well, I hosted that Windows 7 Party and had my computer hooked up to my television (Toshiba 40RV525U 40" LCD) and realized if I wanted HD Audio I had to use three minijack/headphone to rca converters and send them to my receiver... I don't have an optical audio out (toslink) or a coaxial audio out port on my motherboard (ECS G31T-M, purchased for free at a Fry's B&M store) so... I needed to remedy that.

My video card, an XFX GeForce 8600GT worked well, but didn't have any native hdmi out, just two dual-link DVI which are great and work with DVI-HDMI converters, but... do not output audio.

So I looked for the best card I could get for under $100 that did not take up two slots. nVidia didn't have anything to offer with these requirements, however AMD/ATi did, I found a HIS Radeon HD 4670 that fit the bill.
It may take up two slots, but it's "second slot" is to the LEFT, not to the right, and I had space to the left!

So, that's what I've bought lately

0 comments:

www.flickr.com
Xystance's items Go to Xystance's photostream