Saturday, February 23, 2008

Rhymefest "friended" me on Facebook. (and why I'm lame)

Out of the blue I got an add request from Rhymefest on Facebook.

My first thought: How the hell does Rhymefest know who I am?
My second thought: I wonder if it's the post from a couple weeks ago.
My third thought: Nah... my site's read by a whopping five people (at best).
My fourth thought: Maybe google indexing is just that damned good... and maybe it ranked me high for "Rhymefest"
My fifth thought: It's probably not Rhymefest anyway.


So I accepted, and whether it's Rhymefest or not, it's cool as shit. :)

My sixth thought: Oh yeah... Facebook... (searches for Rhymefest) Damn, I'm number three on Facebook for "Rhymefest"... Apparently my last name (which incidentally rhymes with Hairy-Ass... thanks fourth grade!) being alphabetically first means I'm third in the pecking order.

So, while I still laugh at social networking in general as being a waste of time and useless (to me, not to anyone else, just to me), it apparently does connect people.

Thanks Rhymefest!

Check out a few articles on Rhymefest if you're interested:

Live: Rappers hate American Idol (VillageVoice.com)
Rhymefest Interview (ThaBiz.com)
A Revolutionary MC Speaks: An interview with Rhymefest. (JIVEMagazine.com)

Oh yeah... why am I lame? 'cause my first five thoughts were "...what the?" instead of "awesome"... :)

0 comments:

www.flickr.com
Xystance's items Go to Xystance's photostream